Tax Accountants UK
Twitter Facebook Linked In Blog

How to register as self employed?

Registering as a self employed is a fairly straightforward process. You could register directly with HMRC or if you need help with self employed registration we can do this for you. You will need to fill in the attached form and also the agent form. Before going ahead with self employed registration please make sure that you have read our guide for self employed (click here). HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) is the agency that registers you as self employed.

You will need the following information to get registered as a self-employed:

  • Your personal details including your date of birth, contact telephone number, e-mail address, and your national insurance number
  • Details about your business including the nature of business, the date you commenced self-employment, business telephone number, business address

Once registered as self employed you are obliged to pay self employed tax, and file self assessment tax returns. You could use many of our services, also aimed at self employed persons:  

Please contact us for a free initial consultation.