Tax Accountants UK
Twitter Facebook Linked In Blog

Tax Advice India, Tax Advisors India, Tax Consultants India

We are a specialist tax advisory based in the UK offering a range of tax, accounting and advisory services in India for non-resident Indians and non-Indian residents. We are supported by firms of chartered accountants in major Indian cities that can help and advise on a range of Indian tax, accounting and regulatory issues for:

a) Individuals based in the UK, US and other countries, and

b) For persons of Indian origin like non-resident Indians (NRI) and overseas citizens of India (OCI)

We could help right from obtaining a PAN card through to mitigating adverse tax consequences arising out of investments in and disposal of stocks, property and savings in India.

Permanent Account Number (PAN) Card:

A PAN is a tax reference numberissued by the Income tax authorities in India required practically for everything that a non-resident intends to do in India such as:

  • Opening a bank account
  • Opening a dematerialised account (Demat account for trading in stocks and securities)
  • Filing tax returns
  • Paying tax to the government
  • Making investments
  • Disposingoff investments

We could take you through the entire process right from helping you fill out the forms to liaising with the tax authorities in India till you get the PAN card at your address back in the UK.

India Tax advice

We could provide advice on a range of Indian laws starting with tax laws like Income Tax, Capital Gains Tax (arises when gains are made on a disposal of investments in stocks, mutual funds and other securities, property etc) and Wealth Tax. Typically our advice could cover:

  • Both the Indian and the UK tax consequences of a transaction carried out in India together with withholding tax implications on repatriation of funds.
  • Detailed advice on regulatory compliance requirements to be met in India, particularly that of the foreign exchange laws
  • Identifying tax planning opportunities and devising tax-efficient structures where relevant and applicable

We could also help returning Indians with proper tax planning advice and guidance besides managing their tax affairs back home in India on an ongoing basis.

Our services

Normally,for UK residents,wewould combine the UK and Indian tax servicesso that our clients could expect a succinct, constructive advice through a single point of contact here in the UK without having to engage with two different sets of advisors. Our services include the following:

  • Determination of residential status in India for foreign residents
  • Structuring tax-efficient compensation packages in India
  • Filing tax returns in India and in the UK
  • Liaising with the tax authorities in India and the UK
  • Liaising with other regulatory authorities in India
  • Help you get tax refunds in India
  • Help you open a bank account in India
  • Help you obtain approvals in India, if required for remittances made to the UK
  • Issue accountant’s tax certificates where required
  • Draft agreements, deeds and documents
  • Obtaining a tax exemption certificate in India: in eligible cases a tax exemption certificate entitles you to zero or a lower rate of tax in India
  • Obtaining an Advanced Ruling for a specific transaction: advanced rulings help you plan your tax liability for a particular transaction and is binding on the tax authorities in India

Whilst this is an indicative list of services it is also possible that we tailor our services to suit your individual requirements.

Please contact us for a free initial consultation

Tax Advisors for Non Resident Indians in UK